For festive nails this party season, without the designer price tag, look to the high street for the latest trends. If getting your nails party ready isn’t a good reason to brave the snow then I don’t know what is.
- For every glitter colour you can imagine try the Models Own collection. Colours include Bluebell, Pink Fizz, Disco Mix, Magneta Divine and Purple Haze. For something a little less showy there’s the metallic range with colours- 25 Carat Gold, Proper Copper and Sterling Silver.Cost: £5 each.
- Barry M’s Red Glitter varnish will give you nails that sparkle like Dorothy’s ruby slippers, or there’s Hologram Hexograms, never has a varnish been more glittery.
- For glitzy rock nails try Gosh’s Bright Passion (585), a black varnish with silver strands.
- Or if you want your nails to shine brighter than the Christmas trees lights, there’s OPI’s limited edition Burlesque Glitters collection with colours- Simmer and Shimmer, Glow up Already and Bring on the Bling.
For more long lasting nails try nail wraps, the latest in nail technology.
- Rebel Nails have the ultimate in festive designs ranging from a snowflake red design, black Christmas bells or blue Father Christmas. Cost: £6.99-7.99. www.rebelnails.co.uk
- Incoco have a gorgeous glitter collection with colours such as Oscar Night and Black Diamonds. Available from ASOS.com
- Or there’s Nail Rock’s festive wraps, which include metallic red and gold for a classy Christmas.
For salon worthy designs try using:
- Star Gazer nail art brush pen- £3 each. Available in black, white, red, green, blue, yellow and red, the two in one nail varnish and pen is easy to use for a home-made look.
- Alternatively there’s Wah Nail art pens for Models Own, available in black and white. Cost: From around £6.
And for a real treat…
Minx nails have a festive collection of designs including Santa Claus, a Christmas tree and candy canes, along with the usual metallic colours-red, gold and silver. Cost: From £38. See www.minxnails.com
Or for something extra special pop along to a Wah nails salon where they can create a number of unique Christmassey designs. Cost: Around £40. Visit www.wah-nails.com
Never have nails been more exciting!