It’s not often that you can take fashion advice from a film, but after watching Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky I left the cinema with next season’s wardrobe planned. And best of all Coco’s classic and unique designs are still relevant today. I guess a film that celebrates the life of an extraordinary designer you wouldn’t expect anything less.
Coco Chanel’s fashion tips
- Long capes are a great alternative to a coat
- Long gloves, satin or leather, dress up an outfit
- Below knee length skirts can be flattering
- Pinafore style dresses with buttons are a good wardrobe staple
- Luxurious turbans decorated with embellishment and feathers can change the look of a simple outfit.
- Hair pieces instead of jewellery
- Long pearl necklaces add interest to a plain outfit
- Key colours- black & white, orange & brown, red & white
I may not ever be able to afford a classic Chanel quilted bag or cardigan but my autumn/winter wardrobe will be something Coco would be proud of.